Forum / Reformatted Work?

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Mar 30, 10:16pm

Hey, has anybody else noticed that their work has been reformatted on Fictionaut? One of my poems was competely reformatted from the way I had initially posted it.

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Mar 30, 10:16pm

And I didn't do it.

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 30, 10:23pm

Roberto: You're late to the party, bubba. There's a thread just below called "formatting." Take a look. This has been annoying those near and far for a couple weeks now. My poem lost all its shape and morphed into a flash two days ago.

• Img_0942.thumb
    Roberto C. Garcia
    Mar 30, 11:12pm

Thanks JP.

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Mar 31, 02:11am

Hey Robert --

Which poem of yours was reformatted?

Sorry for the trouble.

Joani Reese
    Mar 31, 02:12am

Carson--My poem "Father" reformatted itself after being on the site for a couple days in its original incarnation. I just put it back the way it should have been about an hour ago.

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Mar 31, 02:14am

Hey JP --

What about the formatting changed? Is the text editor currently working adequately for you?

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Mar 31, 02:25am

I had to scoot one of my poems around to get back to original format. No biggie.

What is the possibility of posting in common fonts such as Arial, Courier?

Joani Reese
    Mar 31, 03:05am

The whole poem squished into a single paragraph when before it was a series of three line stanzas. It was strange. I haven't tried text edit lately, as I had cut and pasted the poem from its source on the Internet. Maybe someone else can speak to that. I know James Davis has been thoroughly exasperated for the past few weeks about his inability to properly edit his pieces.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Apr 03, 12:57pm

??????

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Apr 04, 09:31am

Thanks, JP.

Does this mean you're still having trouble, James? Can you describe the problem? It seems that it's working now for the majority of users, so we need to know exactly what's going on in order to get it to work for *everyone*. As you might've gathered, it's a very tricky issue.

Apologies once again.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Apr 04, 10:15am

I think posting work in a Justified layout, which is nice for fiction, is still not working.

Used to be able to "tab" a poem to the right before pasting (for a more centered appearance). Now have to move each line over space-by-space in the Edit function.

Used to be able to post in different common fonts such as Arial, Courier, etc. Can't do this anymore, which is a shame, as champagne is served in champagne glasses, beer in beer mugs, etc... meaning, some work calls out for different fonts. Think e.e. cummings.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.