Forum / secret novel society

• Spaceinvaders.thumb
    brian warfield
    Mar 28, 11:35pm

i'm tinkering with this idea to start a secret novel society. wondering if it's idea without a time.

the basic premise is that there would be a body of literature that was intentionally unpublished and only available to those who submitted to it. full length novels.

this would not include bad/ rejected novels but only those authors who were interested in pursuing expression outside of ordained publishing. it would be outside of self-publishing even.

the novels would be held in secret, maybe the authors themselves would be anonymous. it would be art for art sake. it would be weird.

i wasn't sure how we would get people to join, who would want to. i may just put this idea out into the world and see what happens.

what do you think?

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Mar 29, 03:47am

I like it. My head is full of novels that no one will ever see or read.

• Gita_cropped.thumb
    Gita M. Smith
    Apr 02, 06:53pm

In what order would we be allowed to read the novels? Would they sit on shelves, as if in a library, or would a curator mete them out one at a time according to some secret criteria?

• Spaceinvaders.thumb
    brian warfield
    Apr 04, 06:54am

a. i like the idea of a library.
    b. or there would be a link for members to purchase books. they'd probably have to be printed on demand unless reading of books was a requirement of being in the society and there were over a hundred members to make large scale printing worthwhile.
    c. i also thought ebooks might be a way to go although i don't have an ereader and this is mostly about me and what i want.
    d. i was wondering how we would get people interested in this group if it was a secret society. but then i realized that it isn't the society that's a secret, it's the books. so finding a way to keep access limited only to those who have contributed full-length novels.

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Apr 04, 05:36pm

A novel ABOUT a secret novel society might be interesting...

• You must log in to reply to this thread.