Forum / Sally Houtman at Connotation Press

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Mar 15, 06:54pm

Sally Houtman has a piece in Connotation Press this month, and Editor Robert Clark Young says of it:

We begin with a truly exceptional piece of writing, “Windows” by Sally Houtman. In preparing to write this introduction, I rejected any number of pat phrases that would praise this excellent piece: “a true work of art,” “ups the ante,” “shifts the paradigm,” “makes you see the possibilities of creative nonfiction in an entirely fresh way.” But having rejected all of this phrasing, I was left with the certainty that the best and truest way to describe this piece is that it is a true work of art that not only ups the ante, but actually shifts the paradigm of creative nonfiction so that you see its possibilities in an entirely fresh way. Read it. This way of writing is new.

--High praise indeed from one of the masters of CNF. Congratulations, Sally. You are amazing.

Read more about ConnotationPress.com | A Note From Robert Clark Young, CNF Editor by www.connotationpress.com

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Mar 15, 09:58pm

I see what you mean. The writing is very powerful. Each words leads you to the next. You can't look away, and you don't want to. You end up begging for more.Great work, Sally.

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Mar 16, 11:20pm

This was astounding! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Congratulations, Sally! And thank you for bringing this to our attention, Joani!!! WOW!!!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.