Forum / Posting Advice?

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Feb 12, 02:58pm

In the last week or so, whenever I try to post something new, either for the board or privately, no matter what application I use, stickies, .rtf, Appleworks, Word, the piece posts as a paragraph. When I try to reformat it back into lines, there is an extra space between every line I can't delete. Anyone ever have this dilemma or does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Feb 12, 03:35pm

Not happening to me, Joani. It could be how your browser is responding to f'naut.

Joani Reese
    Feb 12, 03:37pm

I have switched to Opera, Susan, as it takes up much less memory than Firefox. That's good advice. I'll try switching back to see if it stops screwing up my posts. Thanks.

Joani Reese
    Feb 12, 03:44pm

That was the problem, Susan. Opera doesn't play well with Fictionaut. Thank you.

• Jolly%20roger.thumb
    Michael Gillan Maxwell
    Feb 14, 07:47pm

I wonder if that's my problem too. I am on a MacBook Pro using Safari and any efforts I've made to format have been unsuccessful. Recommend Firefox?

Joani Reese
    Feb 14, 11:10pm

I'm on a Mac, too, Michael, and Firefox seems to be the only way to format properly. The other browsers don't play well with Fictionaut. The only disadvantage is Firefox is a memory PIG, so when I'm done posting something, I close it down and switch to Opera to speed things back up.

• Jolly%20roger.thumb
    Michael Gillan Maxwell
    Feb 15, 12:34am

Thanks Joanie. I'm gonna try it!

• Jolly%20roger.thumb
    Michael Gillan Maxwell
    Feb 15, 12:34am

whoops- I mean Joani!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.