Forum / New Year's Day Live Interview with Ann Bogle

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Dec 31, 03:10pm

Please stop by at Asheville FM to hear Jeff Davis's interview with me on WordPlay on January 1, 5-6 p.m. EST.

We'll talk writing and I'll read several very short stories and prose poems. We'll also try my Sound Experiment composed of music by Leo Kottke and a medley of voice takes of my prose.

The web address for the broadcast is:

www.ashevillefm.org

You'll be able to hear the broadcast at the site for a week:

www.ashevillefm.org/wordplay

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 01, 02:37am

Ann, this is great!!!

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Jan 01, 02:03pm

I adore what you've done with Leo Kottke. Peace..

Ann Bogle
    Jan 01, 06:37pm

We go on the air at 5. Thanks to all the Fictionauts who commented on and liked my stories -- the readings are for you.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 01, 06:45pm

Oh that's a beautiful thing to do, Ann. Your stories are unique and magical.

Ann Bogle
    Jan 02, 03:47am

We broadcast live today at 5-6 p.m. The show will be available at: www.ashevillefm.org/wordplay for a week. Scroll down to the listen bar and hit the play arrow. It will go up overnight (tonight) some time.

I hope everyone has had a happy new year's day. We ate collard greens, black eyed peas, and listened to mountain music, mandolin and banjo. What a treat!

Ann Bogle
    Jan 02, 03:02pm

Michael J. Kelly wrote thanks for the dedication and: "I think you should go on "Fresh Air" and "Charlie Rose" because J.C. Oates is great but she's no Ann Bogle." Thanks, Michael. Can you imagine one of us on Charlie Rose for his or her memfics, as Carol Novack termed the stories I write, or flash fiction or prose poetry, debuted on the Internet? What a timely concept.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Jan 03, 04:33pm

...listened to it yesterday & enjoyed it very much. dialogue that kept me engaged. loved that selection of your work. always amazed how much recording adds or perhaps it's the writer's voice...your reading voice is a special delight. thank you!

Ann Bogle
    Jan 03, 04:58pm

Thanks, Marcus. Hearing the voice brings us a little closer, all the way across the sea.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 04, 12:06am

Ann I'm going to listen tonight. Looking forward to hearing this!!!

Ann Bogle
    Jan 04, 12:57am

Besides Bob Spryszak and Marcus Speh and my illustrator, Daniel Harris, only old beaux have reported listening to this interview. A society of old beaux. We could form a cooperative. We could bring in yellow blonds and Russian axe wheels.

Susan Tepper
    Jan 05, 06:27pm

You may add me to your list (but not as an old beaux...). Wonderful to hear this Ann!

Ann Bogle
    Jan 05, 07:33pm

Good to know. Thanks, Susan!

Ann Bogle
    Jan 06, 05:55pm

Here's a play list from the show:

Music: Leo Kottke One Guitar, No Vocals (3 tracks) and Pierre Bensusan (1 track)

Stories: Ann Bogle "Shoot the Moon," "Gerade rechts zum Volkszimmer," "Meryl Streep Laughed at That," "Texas Was Better," "Rock Band Days," "Hysteria."

Sound Experiment: Leo Kottke's "Bigger Situation"; Ann Bogle's "Acceptance is to her a phenomenon," "Basal Distance," and "Meryl Streep Laughed at That."

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Jan 06, 08:08pm

Nice job, Ann. Enjoyed this very much.

Ann Bogle
    Jan 06, 08:13pm

I guess I ought to list the old beaux so no one will think someone is one who isn't! Or, just forget I said that! It is a show for old beaux as well as others, such as Susan and Bill Yarrow. Thanks, Bill.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.