Forum / Any have any news about Knee-Jerk Literary Magazine?

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Dec 06, 10:19pm

I was going over my past submissions and noticed that there was never any feedback or news about Knee-Jerk's 2011 Chapbook contest which closed June 30th. Went to their web site which has been updated monthly and saw that they have no new issues out since October.

They had an essay contest too, and they collected fees for both contests. They appear to have ceased operations on the web site without publishing any information about the outcome for either contest. Anybody know what's going on?

Are they still in business? I could always email the publishers and/or the contest judges, but was wondering if anyone on Fictionaut heard anything. It's not looking good when a monthly online mag stops publishing 2 months running, but I am always optimistic, willing to offer up the old 'benefit of the doubt' before I think about dispatching any no-neck guys over there to check things out.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Dec 07, 02:44pm

James, wondering the same thing last week. Hope they haven't taken the fees and run to mexico. I'll poke around. Peace...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Dec 07, 06:41pm

Thanks, Linda. I hope you have better luck. Mexico's the last place on earth I'd want to go with a pocketful of absconded literary contest fees, but it's possible.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubtful. I'll email them today and let you know what I hear, if anything.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Dec 07, 08:52pm

Duotrope's newsletter hasn't shown Knee-jerk among the "declared dead" magazines , but I only just started getting the newsletter so it's hardly conclusive.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Dec 07, 09:46pm

MaryAnne emailed them and someone got back to her, said their December issue is going up today or tomorrow and that announcements on the Contests will be forthcoming.

So, hopefully, they are not dead yet. Which is good news.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.