Forum / The hottest MFA in the country

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Oct 01, 11:30am

Just curious.

I just saw an ad, um, flashed on it, really, as it blinked in one of those random ad boxes in the online New York Times while I read a book review. The ad byte read, "The hottest MFA in the country." I did not see what school it was touting this quality for its program because the idea grabbed me with an immediate, odd, but interesting visual and I said to myself, "What were they thinking?"

Also thought it'd make a great flash fiction, but it would be meta and I'm trying to avoid rich foods. I don't want to offer up my own immediate reaction just this minute, but I sure would like to know how it stacks up with the perspectives of others.

So:

Imagine you are driving through, say, Texas. You pass a billboard on I35 outside of Killeen and from the corner of your eye, you read, "The hottest MFA in the country." You don't see the graphics, a logo, or the name of the school because you're going much too fast.

What pops up in your mind's eye?

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Oct 01, 01:29pm

A Hopi sweat-lodge. Which sounds arduous and painful. Perhaps not the connotation this MFA program seeks...

I've seen the same ad in P&W but won't spoil the fun for others. Peace...

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Oct 01, 05:01pm

If I didn't know what MFA stood for and saw it on a billboard?
    The hottest Mind Fucking Adventure in the country.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.