Forum / 'Firework Sand' up at Spilling Ink Review

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Sep 01, 08:29am

Just a wee link for anyone who might be interested to my story 'Firework Sand' which is included in the latest issue of Spilling Ink Review online. It received an Honourable Mention in their recent competition, and if you enjoyed 'Acceptance' [also published by the lovely Amy Burns and her team at Spilling Ink] you'll probably enjoy this, too. I hope you do, anyway!

http://spillinginkreview.com/issue-6/fiction/gill-hoffs/

They have other competitions they run linked on their website, and are very quick with their responses and turnaround times, and unfailingly pleasant people. Good luck, all!

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Sep 01, 10:50am

Congratulations, Gill! It's an exquisite story and well deserving of the honor.

• Linda.thumb
    Linda Simoni-Wastila
    Sep 01, 01:15pm

Haunting story, Gill. Congratulations of the HM! Peace...

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 01, 01:29pm

Who knows where the mind goes? Fantastic, this. Congratulations.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Sep 01, 03:25pm

Highly imaginative, beautifully written story. You have the gift.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 01, 03:29pm

Congratulations.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Sep 01, 06:12pm

Gill, the others have used up all the superlatives! When I was reading your story I thought how could this not be the winner?
    I did read the rest and you are in the best of company. Well done. . ..

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Sep 01, 09:12pm

Wow, I'm blushing - called my husband over for a look, too. Thank you all so much! I love it when a piece writes itself, and has a satisfying result. Some day I will write a literary novel [if that is what it should be called?] about my first love, the sea. But for now, the short stories seep out of me - and I am very VERY pleased that my fellow fictionauters like the result.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.