Forum / A Crazy Question I Know Will Have My Head Chopped Off by All of You

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Jan 20, 10:01pm

But has Fictionaut the website ever thought about or had been approached by to appear at...

New York Comic Con?

To promote the website to convention goers and have some of the writers appear there to answer some Q&A regarding the site and help promote Fictionaut.

Many websites and many authors had made appearances at last year's New York Comic Con to promote their material and works. And, well, figuring that Fictionaut is getting bigger and a more exciting community, that maybe a little promotional push of the website at New York Comic Con would give a little notoriety. Help new and veteran writers find a place of venue to share their stories at.

I'm not sure if it's a great idea, or even a good one, but I figured I toss this idea out there to see if it would help the website.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 21, 03:48pm

H-M, what is NY Comic Con?

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Jan 21, 05:34pm

Well how to explain, well it's a convention. Comic Books is it's theme, BUT, the convention covers all types of media; TV, Movies, Video Games, Music, Internet, AND Literature. Last year NY Comic Con had at least ten authors as their guests to host panels and meet fans. They had I believe at least five websites hosting panels for fans and to attract more fans. Guests if they wanted to could also hold autograph signings.

It's a growing convention and has is getting popular with each year.

Here's the link:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

Like I said, it's a crazy idea to help give Fictionaut publicity. I figure toss the idea and see what happenes.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 27, 01:47pm

Personally I always think it's cool to meet UP with other writers and see what they are up to--it's almost always inspirational. Plus you may end up getting to read something really great or making a new friend. DP

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Jan 28, 01:33am

i have no idea - any publicity is good publicity - but i had to read this thread if only because of its fantastic title, H-M...a good title for a story not yet written.

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Jan 28, 09:47am

I'm glad you liked the the title Mr. Flawnt.

I was very curious about publicity. I mean is it possible to promote ones own work on Fictionaut through a media publicity campaign. You know, like go on Oprah and say "My story is currently on Fictionaut.com."

Would doing something like that hurt this website?

I havn't seen anything in the Terms & Conditions regarding publicity for your own work.

• Lynnlaughing.thumb
    LynnAlexander
    Feb 16, 06:47pm

Forgive my ignorance but would a person be able to see it if they were not members?

Like if my neighbor saw HM on Oprah and went to find his story- would it be viewable?

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Feb 16, 07:33pm

Hello Ms. Alexander.

To answer your question.

Yes.

ALl of my works are set to public so your neighbors and friends will be able to view my works. I even tried from other computers with different IP addresses and had no problem viewing my work.

So yeah if I do the improbable and end up on Oprah promoting a Web Novel your friends should not have a problem finding my stories and viewing it from their own computers.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.