Forum / Introducing Ann Wahlman

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Jul 29, 05:55pm

Hey, folks,

Yesterday I used my first invite. It was for someone I've known for over a decade. Back then, she was doing other things, but she was way smarter than me even in those days. One time I was working on a page, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't behaving the way it should.

I said, "Ann, what am I doing wrong?" She took one glance at it, and said, "Of course it doesn't work! There's no code there!" ;)

Anyway, like I said, after years of successfully doing other things (she's well-known in two different worlds), she up and decided to enroll in the graduate writing program at Hopkins. Of course they took her right away, and she's already getting things accepted for publication.

You can find her first Fictionaut story here: http://www.fictionaut.com/stories/ann-wahlman/turista along with author's notes and some brief bio things. I hope you'll join me in welcoming her.

Thanks,

Bill

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jul 29, 10:40pm

Quite a fine writer, and a well-written story of depth and insight and terrific style, Bill. Great invite!

• N1220290714_30606870_5279888.thumb
    Ann Wahlman
    Jul 30, 11:57pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! And thank you, Bill, for the lovely introduction.

As for "getting things accepted for publication"... Well, I've gotten one acceptance to a stack of two dozen rejections. I'm hoping for more, as we all are. I have a few different pieces out for consideration right now, "Turista" is the only one that's not currently under consideration and that's simply because I'm not certain it's finished yet.

Thank you also for all the kind comments on my work! I'm so happy to be a part of this community, I've been web-stalking it for a few months now.

• Fictionaut.thumb
    W.F. Lantry
    Aug 01, 09:57pm

I'm jealous. Your story got 82 views, six comments, and five favs. So far! Most of my stories don't get half that! Congrats!

• N1220290714_30606870_5279888.thumb
    Ann Wahlman
    Aug 01, 10:35pm

Yes, Bill--but I'm cuter. I'm fairly certain that's got something to do with it. Experience tells me so!

Also, I posted the link on Facebook, so a good number of those views were traffic from that site.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.