Forum / What's the font in the pdfs?

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Jan 17, 09:54am

I find the pdf feature here to be a WONDERFUL tool for re-writes. Awkward parts really stand out when the story is presented so nicely.

Does anyone know the font used? I've copied/compared an italicized word and it's not TNR or Garamond.

Any ideas?

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Jan 17, 02:41pm

DejaVu Serif. Closely related to Georgia. We're using it not because it's the prettiest (although I kind of like it too), but because it's freely licensed.

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Jan 17, 02:41pm
  • 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Jan 17, 10:25pm

Say would using Georgia Font in Word be good to use when copy pasting my work into a Fictionaut post?

• 000_0969.thumb
    H-M Brown
    Jan 17, 11:26pm

I have to admit that after looking at the PDF, it makes me wonder about the other draft novels I had written the past coupe of years. You see the average page length that I am posting Arcana Magi my Word Doc is 5 to 6 pages which translates in this websites PDF Pages as 14 to 16 pages on average.

The novel drafts I have written so far average a little over 10 pages. The most is 14, which now makes wonder how many pages that would translate to in Ficationaut PDF display.

This really changes my perspective of how many pages I can write in my novel draft.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.