Forum / Recommended

• Working.thumb
    DeMisty Bellinger
    Jul 15, 05:15am

How does one recommend stories? Does any Fictionaut member have this right, or is it for a select few? Or, does it happen after so many faves?

Not up in arms about this, just curious.

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Jul 15, 05:37am

I could be wrong but I thought it was some kind of fn formula about how many faves and comments and maybe views a piece received.

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Jul 15, 07:22pm

I have no idea, DeMisty!!! You might ask, Susan Tepper. She might know!

• Working.thumb
    DeMisty Bellinger
    Jul 15, 08:11pm

Gill and Meg: Thanks for your responses!

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 15, 11:48pm

DeMisty, I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you mean: How does a story get posted to Recommended Stories?

If that's what you mean, it's done on the basis of the number of "favs" a story receives from the f'naut members.

The f'naut computer program calculates this automatically and puts the stories in order from the most fav's received and so on down the line.

If that's not what you are asking, please say so and maybe someone else can shed some light.

• Working.thumb
    DeMisty Bellinger
    Jul 16, 05:30am

Susan,

That answers my question! Thanks so much!

• Canada_usa_2011_002.thumb
    Christopher Allen
    Jul 16, 08:57am

Hey, DeMisty,
    I think the "FAVE" statistic is combined with the number of views and comments to arrive at the placement on the recommended list.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jul 16, 03:03pm

Jurgen, if you are out there - somewhere - if there really is a Jurgen, once again it appears there really is a need for a FAQ section somewhere on FN. I would be most happy to put it together if you or someone would be willing to give me the answers.

How do you accumulate invitations?

Explain about the Woodshed and how to use it?

Are there any limitations on who can be invited?

How does one post pics to submitted stories?

Well, you get the idea.

What are your thoughts on a FAQ section for newcomers? Jurgen?

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    Jul 16, 04:00pm

Mary Anne,

Just regarding the Woodshed... There are lots of groups on FN, some public which are open to everyone, some private where it's by invite only. The Woodshed is a private group that JP Reese and I began.

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jul 16, 07:38pm

Cherise, Thanks for responding. I was just posing some of the questions people new to FN always ask, hoping to add some justification for the need for a beginner's handbook or a FAQ site. I use the Woodshed often and wasn't aware that it originated wth you and Joani. Good to know and thanks. MaryAnne

• Working.thumb
    DeMisty Bellinger
    Jul 16, 09:01pm

MaryAnne: I think a FAQ would be good to have! I have a lot more questions re stuff I don't want to ask about.

• Working.thumb
    DeMisty Bellinger
    Jul 16, 09:02pm

Everyone: thanks for your responses! This is all very helpful. Now go read my stuff!

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Jul 16, 09:05pm

DeMisty, message me at my profile and I'll see what I can help you with. . . but don't ever be afraid to ask.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.