Forum / Maneuvering on the Board

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jul 14, 10:15pm

I just posted a poem, "Vignette for Spring," to the board about five minutes ago and couldn't find it. I finally scrolled through the last day's stories and found it posted far down the list, stating it was posted 45 hours ago. How is this possible? Confused...

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 15, 12:57am

Joani, I think the system is a bit off kilter, but I found your poem and it's beautiful.

Joani Reese
    Jul 15, 02:17am

Thank you, Susan. I write so slowly, I have to be careful with my postings, or I'll run out of material, so it was especially disconcerting to post the piece and have it disappear into empty rooms below the party. I appreciate that you hunted it down, but I still can't figure out how that happened. Deus ex machina?

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jul 15, 03:55am

Joani ... that happened to me once when I created a piece in Fictionaut, but did not post it right away. I saved it to edit again and 'published' it a day later. The time it was first saved was when it queued sequentially with stories that were published, so that when I finally 'published', it was already off the board.

I believe that when you create a story in Fictionaut, the time of first save, becomes the publication time whether you publish for people to see or not, so it's best to create a story at the time you are ready to publish on the board. If you wait to publish it, it will age as though you had.

Does that make sense?

Joani Reese
    Jul 15, 01:42pm

Yes, James. It makes perfect sense, and that's exactly what happened. This is indeed a place of immediate gratification, or nothing. Thanks for your experienced wisdom.

• Meg%20profile%20pic.thumb
    Meg Tuite
    Jul 15, 04:56pm

Going to look for your poem, Joani!!! I've had problems posting my stories, as well. Somehow they appear and I have no idea how???

• You must log in to reply to this thread.