Forum / The Linnet's Wings Summer 2011

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 14, 02:36am

Print Issue just arrived and it is Gorgeous!!!
    Big THANKS to Ramon Collins and Marie Fitzpatrick for their dedication to literature (and all their hard work)!

• Img_0568.thumb
    Gill Hoffs
    Jul 14, 07:31am

Congratulations!

• Night_chorus_book_cover.thumb
    Joani Reese
    Jul 14, 09:17pm

It's funny, one of my favorite people on this site and I disagree fundamentally about the importance of print mags. I like them and feel as though my work is somehow enhanced by being published in print. The other view is that work on the Internet reaches far more people and is the future, which should be embraced now. It's not a generational thing in this case because we seem to be about the same age. This post made me think about that argument again. Besides my meanderings, Susan, congrats on your PRINT publication!

• Nv_kid.thumb
    Ramon Collins
    Jul 18, 12:47am

Thank you, Susan -- I'll pass your good words on.

JP: There will always be "print". The Computer Age has created a new vernacular for publications. I'm old-fashioned; a story isn't published without an attached ISSN or ISBN. If a story is published you can always buy a few copies for your coffee table and tell visitors, "Go ahead, take one home." I dunno, maybe younger writers would have a laptop available.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jul 18, 01:28am

I love having a print issue to hold, and to gaze at the cover (this cover on Linnet's Wings is especially beautiful and speaks to summer).
    Thank you Ray Collins for including my work, and to Joani for your good wishes!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.