Discussion → If you believe in it, tell someone

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Mar 19, 12:16pm

I see that people are beginning to join us, people who believe an organization like ours is a good idea and long overdue. The organization we are building is an inclusive one. It will be a chorus of many voices and a wellspring for ideas that will serve our mutual benefit, an organization that will act as an advocate for writers across genres and aggressively promote our interests in every sphere.

Now that you've expressed your support by standing with us, help us to build our membership within Fictionaut. Invite your contacts to join us here.

Maybe you're asking, "What's the plan?"

Let's get more people to join us and we will begin to make a plan. This weekend, I'll try to summarize what we've discussed to date and post it here. Immediately afterward, I'll pose some questions that we need to consider. Your responses will help to develop our charter and shape our vision for what the organization will stand for, what goals it will strive to achieve, and how it will act.

Don't be shy. This organization could be a powerful instrument of change on behalf of writers everywhere. Those of us who join together now will be the ones who will shape its vision. Don't worry about whether your friends will think you're some kind of pseudo-evangelist for 'yet another interest group' ... worry about when Writers Across Genres becomes something everyone wants to be a part of, and your friends ask you, "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

There's a hyperlink at the bottom of this page, right hand side, marked, "Invite Your Contacts." How difficult is that?

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Mar 19, 02:19pm

James, I'm looking forward to your lead on thse these topics. Thanks for posting.

Ann Bogle
    Mar 21, 10:51pm

As of Monday at 5:51 p.m. CDT we have 18 official sign ups at AnnBogle1@aol.com.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Mar 22, 01:53pm

Eighteen sign-ups is great, but we need more.

How can I say this without sounding like a manic telethon host or a televangelist with a much troubled hairpiece?

WAG will be THE inclusive organization looking out for the interests of all writers across genres. It will be THE organization that will address those issues that affect us, the writers exclusively.

That can only happen if you join with us. Sign up now, while you have a chance to shape the vision of an organization that cares about writers. Then ... go tell somebody!

Ann Bogle
    Mar 22, 04:00pm

We have more members at the Fictionaut group than I have contact information. Please take a moment and list your name, email address, city, Fictionaut, and website in an email to AnnBogle1@aol.com. I'll acknowledge with a receipt. Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply.