Discussion → Where to add comment critique?

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Nov 18, 10:39am

Glad to see this group up and running. I do have one question as to where to add comment when the piece is actually up at the regular posting first before it can be transferred and posted here. If I comment (as I did) on the story itself, it then takes me away from the Workshop group. This means that the comments are no longer private--is that right?

• Pic_dl_95.thumb
    Dorothee Lang
    Nov 18, 02:44pm

Hi Susan, good to see you here in 'The Workshop' - and good question:

"Where to add comment when the piece is actually up at the regular posting first before it can be transferred and posted here?"

Just to clarify: if a text is published in regular posting, then it will remain visible and in the regular list of texts - adding it to 'The Workshop' group doesn't change that. (Just like adding a text to a magazine group doesn't change the text status).

This means: to comment, you use the usual way: the comments field next to the text. Which show up like usual.

The idea of 'The Workshop' group is to actively invite critique - if you add a text to this group, feedback is more likely, and especially suggestions for changes / corrrections, as people know that the author looks for those.

Plus, there is the option to start threads about specific themes.

• You must be logged in to reply.