Discussion → Now I know why it says 'adventurous'

• Photo_1.thumb
    Lou Godbold
    Dec 28, 09:12pm

So here I am, without make-up or otherwise cosmetically altered, baring more than just my soul to this group. (Don't get excited, I just mean I've realized that the time to use facecream for 'fine lines' is now all over. I need mortar and trowel.)

But seeing as you folk are brave enough to do the same (except Finnegan, whom I suspect is actually a Berlin elected official or prelate and needs to keep his identity secret), I figured I'd give it a go.

Shoulda started with a funny one. This looks like a suicide note.

What exactly did you have in mind when you invited me to this group, Jerry? Hopefully not public humiliation.

Lou

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 30, 05:22am

i think it's great, lou. it is a little sad. but, you know, look at a few pokrassian vids for the whole range of thespian expression. and you look beautiful!

(how'd you figure out i was a prelate? too much suppressed sexual innuendo in my pieces? digs at the church? guesses that ms flawnt is actually my housekeeper bound to me by confessionally illegal relations, our little treasure a devil's spawn soiling the lap of our holy mother church?)

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Dec 31, 05:53am

Lou,

There is very little here on anyone's agenda in the line of public humiliation. If anything a small support group to ease us all a few steps past our nervous twitches.

We have not as yet instituted full-body scans.

GO

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Dec 31, 06:06am

aha... now that I have found your reading... very nice

what humiliation?

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 31, 07:45am

lol, dear GO. i might go from completely anonymous to full body scan. perhaps i start with an x-ray photograph of my spine.

• Photo_1.thumb
    Lou Godbold
    Dec 31, 01:17pm

Finnegan,

your prelate response is flash fiction! Loved it. (Especially the housekeeper part.)

Gabriel, you are too kind. Full body scans would be preferable. However, I'm now gearing up for revelational readings # 2. For a while there, I figured the last part of your message was actually a kind of 'Just do it!' encouragement until I realized it's your initials!

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Dec 31, 11:19pm

oh, yes, well I am all GO... yes, just do it!

above my computer screen it always says

first words, fast, say it, don't stop

usually the instinct of the first emotion is the most true

Finnegan: if you come out of anonymity let it not be on my account but that you find a center of comfort in your own relationship to this online environment... if there is anything that does bother me it is if a person is in a wrong place for their lights... somewhere someone remarked that they had found a clean vertebrae on the street in front of their house and I suggested that if they ever found a dirty one they should place it on an ant's nest and the ants would eat it clean... beside all that, i love masks

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Dec 31, 11:28pm

humiliation: this is how health services works in the USA... i complained to my doctor that i had a buzzing in my head, i may have said something about twitches in my hands... this time around i made sure not to mention anything odd with my family jewels(a whole other story) -- so I got sent off to a day long adventure to get a brain scan, MRI, one of those things where you lay down on a gurney and they tell you not to twitch, or move a muscle and you get rotated into a metal cave where they talk into your head... and take pictures -- it was better than a visit with the other guys that seek down under, and later at the pay counter when i looked over the shoulders of the technician at my scan there was a skull in white with a large black space of a circle contained within

• Photo_1.thumb
    Lou Godbold
    Jan 01, 08:01pm

Sounds like you have a story brewing, GO.

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Jan 03, 09:05am

Lou: interesting idea. thnx

• Fictionaut.thumb
    Meg Pokrass
    Jan 16, 06:34pm

i use a makeup artist, and have been completely cosmetically altered, so it is hard for me to relate:)

• Photo_1.thumb
    Lou Godbold
    Jan 16, 08:27pm

Meg, why gild the lily, as we say in England.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Jan 23, 09:17am

GO, i talked it over with my therapist who thinks that the world is definitely not ready to face the truth behind finnegan flawnt. when i left, she added "how does that make you feel?" i always leave with more questions, not less.

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Jan 24, 05:29pm

Finnegan: no need to reveal on my account. questions are good.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Jan 25, 08:39am

my therapist also thinks that i should check with her before making up a therapist that, in actual fact, i haven't had (or felt i needed - after all i'm writing now) in a decade.

• Ken%20xmas%20hat.thumb
    Gabriel Orgrease
    Jan 25, 05:58pm

when I was very young I always had with me an invisible friend named Donald

• You must be logged in to reply.