Discussion → Hyperfiction Lit Journal

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Dec 05, 06:19am

Trying to draw up some plans for a Hyperfiction/New Media (AV) literary journal that will act as a library to archive as well as publish new work on a regular basis.

All I need is time and input!

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 05, 07:29am

i am happy to help & give input, susan. i am not new to hypertext but i am new to hypertext fiction.

cheers
    ff

Susan Gibb
    Dec 06, 10:02am

Well now that you have Tinderbox, you've got one of the best tools to use in writing hyperfiction. I've got you placed in one of the first issued of this thing once it gets off the ground (and once you write something in hypertext!).

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 06, 10:44am

i've planned a piece already and i'm going to "map" it tonight. working title: "the metafictionalisation of rooms not mine". my only issue: i would like to put pictures in...not tried that in tinderbox yet.

Susan Gibb
    Dec 06, 10:57am

Did you download or read the Tinderbox manual? I actually don't put the pictures in at the Tinderbox stage (though you can) but rather in the templates later. You can see many of the ways I have used images if you go to the Hypercompendia site and check the "submissions" page and breeze through some of those. All these are down through the css sheet I sent you.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 06, 12:49pm

thanks again... will check it out...did not read the manual (yet). i'm bad that way, my experience with mac has been that mostly the manuals complicate things. with a program such as this one, it doesnt seem so.

• Mark Bernstein
    Dec 06, 01:42pm

I'd hold off on images, if you can. Tinderbox 4 doesn't really excel at image work, though it handles them well enough; Tinderbox 5 will handle images somewhat differently.

I'd simply attach the images for now to the note's file button, and use them for reference.

• Flawntnewsmall.thumb
    Finnegan Flawnt
    Dec 06, 02:08pm

thanks mark, surely i can hold off on the images. getting the text and structure right will be a challenge as it is. you're both being very helpful, i appreciate it!

• You must be logged in to reply.