Discussion → Podcasting

• Shapeimage_1.thumb
    Harris Tobias
    Aug 23, 03:20pm

Stories were meant to be heard. Told to small groups around a table or a fire. It is the way tales were told from the beginning of language itself. Now, the internet has made it easy to tell your stories to hundreds, maybe thousands of listeners. People download stories on their mobile devices and listen while driving. You've probably done this yourself. I've been playing with podcasting now for several months. I set up a podcast site where I have several stories of mine and other ATTMP authors posted. We all read each others stuff. There are a couple of really good readers in our group but even an ordinary reader can bring a story to life with a little practice.

You don't need any special equipment. You can call your story in to a site like cinchcast or talkshoe.They make it easy to create a podcast from your phone or your computer's built in mic. I can download the file and post it on my story site along with a link to your book or blog or bio. I have stories from Tom, Monica, Sal, Ken and Jen Knox so far. The stories get posted around the web, people subscribe, etc. It's another way to get your name out there.

My podcast magazine is called Greetings Earthlings and welcomes short fiction of all kinds. You can contact me directly if you need any more information.

• You must be logged in to reply.