Discussion → Body of Work at Fictionaut

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jun 24, 06:39pm

I started this group with the intention of creating group topics related to "body of work" at Fictionaut. Some writers have used Fictionaut as a platform for sharing a body of work not created at Fictionaut or expressly for Fictionaut, but created elsewhere, on one's own, and published in journals, chapbooks, and books.

My 50th story at Fictionaut is "Three Short Fictions" and my 100th story at Fictionaut is "Happiness in Love."

My count, as of today, June 24, 2013, is 122 stories posted in four years, on average once every 12 days. Story includes poem and essay and reissues when there has been a substantive revision.

Of the 122 stories, 56 are on display, subject to sudden changes in arrangement. The 122 stories represent my uncollected mixed-genre narrative prose -- stories -- gathered in two prospective volumes, Texas Was Better (1985-1999) and Clarity or Enough (2000-2012). Clarity or Enough may come to include stories I have written in 2013. I may separate from that group literary critical essays, albeit narratives, and other cultural inquiry; I may remap Clarity or Enough to include stories with characters, whether based on memory (cnfic) or on invention (fiction).

My writing at Fictionaut represents a body of work. I have usually remembered to notate in the Author's Note of story pages where the stories have been published.

This group has five or so other members. A few of those are active on the web site. If anyone else has issued his or her 50th (or 100th) story at Fictionaut and would like to join the group, send me a messsage that includes the name of your story. I'll invite you. Then send your 50th story.

What is your body of work at Fictionaut? How do you use Fictionaut in relation to your body of work?

• You must be logged in to reply.