Discussion → Zero Fav Group

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Apr 04, 08:01pm

Walter Bjorkman started the Zero Fav group around Jan 2010. The group 10+ Favs had been out for a while and inspired him to start 0. It was both serious and a spoof - the fave system has nothing inherently wrong with it, comparative to a "like" on FB, but just like those, at times it can become a you prop me & I'll prop you back thing. He didn’t think it had anything to do with the writing itself and would have no effect on it. He thought 0 favs could mean many things - the piece was posted at a time of a rapid pace time and passed by the front page when people who don't know the author were all posting; it truly could be a bad piece of writing; the author may not be known by many that were on at that time, due to not having read & commented on many stories. It was meant to encourage people who might feel discouraged by no faves. It gives people a chance to have a second look at stories that might otherwise be ignored.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Apr 04, 08:02pm

I am now co-administrator of the group. Take your old zeroes out of the attic and post them.

• Dsc_7543.thumb
    Gloria Garfunkel
    Apr 13, 08:45pm

I've resigned because of the current climate of hostility over the issue of faves in general.

• You must be logged in to reply.