Forum / How do you keep up?

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Nov 07, 11:13am

When I joined a couple of weeks ago I was easily able to read and comment and explore the site and little by little hit the backlog of wonderful stories and meet all the people I'd missed.

Now I find that just two days' away from steady reading I've fallen way behind and don't see how to keep up much less read prior postings or read up on some of the groups and writers here.

Is this the normal flow of activity or is this an outpouring of new members or a seasonal thing?

• Raven.thumb
    Andrew Bowen
    Nov 07, 06:14pm

Welcome to the 'Naut, Susan.

An easy fix is to join a group that matches with your interests, especially one that actively critiques work.

Hope this helps.

Susan Gibb
    Nov 08, 04:15am

That's like telling me to pick out only the truffles, not the chocolate nuts or jellies! There's just so much here that's great writing. But yes, you're right; I will learn to pare down my focus. Either that or maybe give up a few hours' sleep.

Thanks!

• Dsc_0343.thumb
    Chris Kubica
    Nov 12, 10:01pm

you won't be able to read it all, Susan.

Susan Gibb
    Nov 13, 09:43am

Yeahbut the worst part right now is that I'm not even attempting to read the longer pieces because there's just not enough time. And the poetry is wonderful, yet since it's not my first love, I'm avoiding it unless I've been pulled right into it too quickly to move on.

I find myself hoping for a "slowdown," sort of a mass writers block so I can catch up!

• Dsc_0343.thumb
    Chris Kubica
    Nov 15, 07:45pm

As more users sign up, the stream will become a gusher. No slowdown likely.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.