Forum / Cuts off bottom of story

• Markpritchard3_cropped.thumb
    Mark Pritchard
    Nov 04, 04:49pm

I am posting a story, but no matter how I edit it, the editing tool cuts off the last couple of lines of the story. Can anyone explain why?

The story is on the long side, just over 9800 words. The editor cuts off the last 36 words. Annoying.

• Markpritchard3_cropped.thumb
    Mark Pritchard
    Nov 04, 05:10pm

OK, I fixed the problem by converting the MS Word text into plain text, and pasting that into the editor.

• 009_07.thumb
    Shelley Ettinger
    Nov 05, 09:50am

Jurgen, I have a similar problem but I can't fix it by converting to plain text. My story has footnotes. There are 52 of them (!) in a story of 6775 total word count; it looks like it's being cut off at the bottom after footnote 19 so footnotes 20 through 52 are lost. Is there any way to remedy this or is it just not possible to post this type of story? Thanks.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Nov 05, 10:24am

Usually, pasting to plain text is a great way to make sure any weird Word control-characters are eliminated. Footnotes might be trickier -- are they arranged/formatted in Word, or are they just more text with numbered paragraphs at the bottom of the story?

• 009_07.thumb
    Shelley Ettinger
    Nov 05, 11:10am

It's a Word document with footnotes. In the document the footnotes come at the bottom of each page, which is how the story should read. When I copied and pasted, the footnotes showed up all together at the bottom of the story, which I could live with though it's not optimal, but also, as I said, only the first 19 of them showed up. Is it just not going to work? Thanks--Shelley

• You must log in to reply to this thread.