Forum / Calling All Music Lovers

• Cotrone_1.thumb
    David Cotrone
    Dec 21, 06:59pm

Hello all,

David here, from Used Furniture Review (http://usedfurniturereview.com/). If you've been particularly influenced by a song, or songs, lately, please let us know. We're compiling a list of recommendations and will feature them on our site. Feel free to e-mail usedfurnituresubs@gmail.com with your recommendations, and please, feel free to explain why the song you're listening to makes such an impact on you.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,

David

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Dec 21, 10:08pm

I love this idea! Count me in.

• Cotrone_1.thumb
    David Cotrone
    Dec 21, 10:09pm

Awesome; can't wait to hear from you!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Dec 22, 01:29am

First of all I'm going to give you a list of 9 songs that have recently just stayed with me wherever I happen to be going.They live right inside my head now and sometimes turn themselves on during the work day I've noticed. I don't really like to turn them off when they do that but I will ask them to tone it down a bit for God's sake. I'll all of a sudden just find myself whistling and humming each of their little musicals at the oddest of times. They still have inner meanings I'm barely getting at and exceptional flavor even after many repeated listenings, that's all I'm saying, and I'm talking about feeding this stuff to my ears pretty regularly, but the ears seem to perk up and smile each and every time like a kid who's just been given the go-ahead and help yourself to the cookie jar.Oh boy what joy joy joy there is in this music for me: 1. Ready To Start--Arcade Fire.(If I was yours/but I’m not) It builds on you until you begin to welcome the architecture you're standing in, like a fine rain. Little intense chilling moments barreling the whole thing along like a mudslide in your head.2.Futile Devices--Sufjan Stevens.(4 hours now since I wandered through your place/and when I sleep on your couch I feel safe) OMG this guy is so brilliant of a conductor in so many directions at once that it just floors you when he stops for a quiet moment to make something as lovely as this.He'll get back to his usual cranky barrier breaking business on track 2,but here he simply lets it all play out.3,If Love Whispers Your Name--Richard Thompson recorded live.(Love is worth every fall/even to beg even to crawl) Here the master takes his time,over 7 minutes of it,to build his case for letting go of the past and looking forward to the now with a new yet weary courage to do right and be a better man. Killer guitar solo.4. I Don't Know What To Say--Magnetic Fields.(I could try and shove you/off the nearest cliff) This is cracked in all the right places. The lyrics misplaces your trust and the music lures you back home. Like a maniacal Brian Wilson dream.5.Avi Buffalo--What's In It For?(I couldn’t help your mouth/which I missed by 2 inches)Ah if only these lonely, literate kids actually ruled the world instead of their bedrooms.6.Animal--Jenny and Johnny. My favorite track on any album this year.(Show your teeth to everyone/Don’t let no one prove you wrong) It's a single that won't actually become a single, but if it was it would rule the world. It's that good. You'll never get this out of your head--never!7.Freak--Smashing Pumpkins.(Life is not a dream when you can wake up from the dream you wanted) Billy's already been crucified more times than you can count, and he comes up with this? The guy's a god.8. Let Go--JJ.(All I have left is my soul..Let go..a place where new waves come in..a place to begin) There really is something very sweet about this duo that transcends geographic barriers of all kinds--inner and outer.9. Winter Is All Over You—First Aid Kit. Like finding an old radio in a barn. You know what you’re gonna do with it..”Don’t leave this world to me.” Bonus track:Wilco with Feist—You and I. Have fun checking it all out.Darryl Price

• You must log in to reply to this thread.