Forum / Losing updates.

• Serra.thumb
    Pia Ehrhardt
    Oct 07, 09:04am

This may have already been discussed, but is there a way to access older updates? I find that posts tend to come in flurries - mine included - which makes older posts drop off quickly. One of the great things about Fnaut is reading what people have to say about other people's work.

Also: how do you know someone's hearted your story if they aren't a contact because you don't yet know them?

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 07, 09:21am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to have "see older updates" and then if you're offline awile, etc., you could catch up. If that could go back 2-3 cycles, even, it would be great.

And if someone hops on and joins a number of groups quickly, you could be off F-aut for a short time and miss all sorts of comments that happened just before the group joins.

• Daviderlewine.thumb
    David Erlewine
    Oct 07, 09:22am

And, Pia, great question about the fave. Jurgen/Carson, if possible, it would be great to be notified via e-mail if someone faves your story. Some folks do that without an accompanying comment so unless you see in the latest updates...you really either have to dig (uh, i'd never do that, ever) or give up on knowing who liked your story enough to fave it.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Oct 07, 10:13am

I agree that the activity feed could use some improvements. If you have a lot of contacts, it tends to move very quickly now, and we're thinking about ways to make it work better -- including showing you who faved your stories. Thanks for the suggestions, Pia and David.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.