Forum / unpraying, but religious with joy

• 2161777446_a91102ea45.thumb
    Matt Dennison
    Sep 23, 10:19pm
  • Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 23, 10:41pm

Great article, that. Thanks, Matt.

Saroyan. They don't make 'em like that anymore, and if they did, where on God's green earth would they publish?

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 24, 05:50am

Interesting piece -

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Sep 24, 08:21pm

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Sep 28, 08:14pm

Good article. However, I think they're are plenty of great writers today. Maybe we are so overloaded with the printed word these days that some of the great writers get lost in the slush pile. Take, for instance, FN. I miss a lot of great stories simply because they get shoved off the front page due to the overwhelming amount of posts.

Then again, the poor writers of today are very popular: Nick Sparks, Dan Brown, Lee Child. Sure, they weave interesting ideas, etc, but they, in my opinion, are not great writers. You see them piled in books stores and with so many copies one might miss writers like Zadie Smith, Philip Roth (oldy but goody), John Marks, Bradford Morrow,Colm Toibin (just introduced to him, so not sure which generation he belongs to). Anne Rice and Stephen King are still writing good stuff.

Okay, maybe I'm just rambling.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Sep 29, 06:46am

I've been catching up on the classic novels rather than the new best-sellers. Library sales and used book sites have provided me with everything from Plato to McCarthy.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.