Forum / About Our Explicit Content Warning

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Oct 03, 06:19pm

At Fictionaut, we strongly believe in freedom of artistic speech. You are welcome to post any creative text here that isn't illegal, hate speech, or spam. To accommodate the more easily offended and/or underage, we're adding an "explicit content" warning to stories that contain mature situations and language. A warning screen will appear and offer you the choice to proceed or not. A check-box lets you disable all warnings in the future.

We hope this solution works for everybody. For now, we are applying the warning by hand, but we'll eventually provide a way for you to flag stories you consider inappropriate for minors. In the meantime, we appreciate your feedback on this system in general and any story in particular.

Thanks much.

• Tim-elhajj.thumb
    Tim Elhajj
    Oct 09, 09:58am

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess it's unavoidable. It seems a little stimatizing, but perhaps it's a badge of honor, like having your book banned from schools for using the F-word too much.

I enjoyed your HuffPost Fictionaut article, Jurgen. Well done!

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Oct 09, 01:17pm

Thanks, Tim! We're hoping that the warning doesn't carry any implicit judgment one way or another.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.