Forum / one of ten thousand things from Sam the creature...

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 07, 09:54am

Since I don’t speak well of myself – a juggler promised me she would be here today for this, but she didn’t show. So, I'm left to it...

If you’re interested in reserving a copy, my chapbook Inside a Broken Clock may now be preordered – online or by snail mail - from Finishing Line Press:

http://finishinglinepress.com/NewReleasesandForthcomingTitles.htm

The publication date is Dec. 3.

~

Some of you have already ordered copies, and here’s my thanks – lines from Wu-men's preface to The Gateless Barrier:

“The Great Way has no gate;
    there are a thousand different paths;
    once you pass through the barrier,
    you walk the universe alone.”

(Trans. Robert Aitken)

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Sep 07, 10:43am

Sam is a poet who will be remembered down through history, that is my prediction. So if you order his book, you will have something very worthwile (and possibly some day very valuable).

• Photo_on_1-21-15_at_3.05_pm.thumb
    Kathy Fish
    Sep 07, 10:47am

The most talented people are the worst at "speaking well" of themselves, Sam. Thanks for posting. I'm off to pre-order!

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Sep 07, 11:27am

Never hire a juggler to do a mime's job.

Best of luck on this, Sam. You deserve some decent money for the work that you do, which is always outstanding.

Sam Rasnake
    Sep 07, 07:57pm

Thanks, really, for the kind words about my work, Susan. The support is most appreciated.

And Kathy, for your words as well - Thanks. I do what I do, but I don't think I can evaluate it. But, I appreciate your ordering a copy.

Should have called the mime, James. Yes. And thanks.

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Sep 07, 08:40pm

I wish you the best on this, Sam, though I admittedly have not pre-ordered as yet. It's just hard because I want to support my friends here, but with the number of books being put out, it's sort of out of reach and I don't want to offend anyone. But I can't get them all--they're all too good so there's no way to choose. I have a feeling you'll do exceptionally well on this because of your talent and skill.

Sam Rasnake
    Sep 07, 10:12pm

Susan, you’ve always been a very supportive and helpful a reader of my work, and have no need to explain anything beyond that. Not at all. I understand exactly and feel the same way myself. Your comments have always been beneficial, and I appreciate that. That’s the kind of thing that gets me to my next poem.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.