Forum / Question about Favorites

• Mebluesmile240.thumb
    C. D. Peck
    Sep 02, 09:05pm

Hi, I'm new to the site and really appreciate those of you who have taken the time to read my stuff. I have a question about the "favorite" feature which I haven't been able to answer by reading the FAQ. I've noticed that one of my stories was "faved" but I never received any kind of notification (e-mail or otherwise) stating who faved it. Just curious if there was a way to find this out.

Thanks!

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Sep 02, 09:12pm

Likely it was one of those who commented. Go to their profiles and you'll find your piece listed as one of their favorites.

Congratulations, by the way, faves are nice.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 02, 09:17pm

Also, CD, keep in mind that some writers - and I'm one - choose not to list the works that they've faved. You can check the main wall - recent activity list - lower right side of the page... but they will only appear if you follow them. You also can ceck the recent activity list before you sign in - That will list recent favs period.

You won't receive any notification message from Fictionaut, letting you know that someone has given you a fav.

• Mebluesmile240.thumb
    C. D. Peck
    Sep 02, 09:41pm

Good to know. Thanks! I wasn't sure because the FAQ says:

"When you find a story you like, you can show your appreciation by marking it as a favorite. The author of the story will be notified of this, and the story will appear on your profile as one of your favorites. Stories with many favorites are more likely to show up on Fictionaut's front page. You can unmark a favorite at any time."

So the part about the author of the story being notified threw me.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Sep 02, 10:40pm

You will receive an e-mail to your address that a comment has been made. There's the notification on your general wall - not your personal page. But, the wall only lists recent activity. If, say, you only check once or twice a day, you might not see the listing - especially if you follow a number of writers. The more writers you follow the easier it is to miss the notification since more acitivity is being listed.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.