Forum / New: Sharing Button and Group Feeds

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Sep 30, 02:28pm

As part of yesterday's update, we introduced two new features along with the public visibility. You'll now find a "share" button on every story page, next to the pdf option. It's an easy way to email or share the story link on Facebook and Twitter -- we've had this ready for a while but it didn't make sense to add before the launch.

The other addition is a box with a group-specific event feed on each group page. Some of you were asking for better ways to keep up with groups, and this is a first step in that direction.... more to come.

• Profile.thumb
    Dave Clapper
    Oct 03, 11:59pm

I don't see the group-specific event feed... any help on this? Would happily tie it into either our Facebook and/or Twitter feeds...

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Oct 04, 10:58am

Oh -- I'm talking about the "recent activity" list we added to each groups page below the story pool and discussions. (see here: http://www.fictionaut.com/groups/smokelong-quarterly) It's similar to the front page except that it only shows events in that group (and doesn't yet include comments and faves).

It's not an actual RSS feed... yet. Sorry if that was confusing. I'll add that to the wishlist though.

What other features would you like to see on the group home pages to make them more useful?

• Profile.thumb
    Dave Clapper
    Oct 04, 02:25pm

At some point, I know I'm going to start adding various social networking widgets somewhere on SmokeLong's site: link to Facebook fan page, Twitter feed, etc. Would like to have something similar for Fictionaut that I can drop on that same page to encourage folks to join the group here...

• 242571683_10161684842776030_7257569444107088687_n.thumb
    Dulce Maria Menendez
    Oct 05, 09:16am

What is the AA symbol used for? I just noticed that today. I am afraid of clicking on it till I know what it is.

• Author_wide.thumb
    Jürgen Fauth
    Oct 05, 10:59am

It's harmless! The aA button on top of the story pages resizes the font.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.