Forum / Translation

• Francesco Golfieri
    Sep 01, 05:33am

I know this is a brand new site, but I love your idea so much that I hope it will be translated as soon as possible in my native language.

I offer myself right now as volunteer for English-Italian interface translation.

Do you think it's too early to begin talking about it?

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Sep 01, 06:11am

No, actually! It's probably about the right time to think about these things. Localizing is something I've been working on, but of course the trouble is that we would need international content to go along with any translations.

We actually have a working system in place to translate the "strings" of the interface, but a lot more has to be done to internationalize (not just localize) our community. That might mean, among other things, finding community organizers for each region we'd like to have a presence in.

If we started with three other languages, which do you think they should be?

• 38267_1535704950577_1173424009_31565646_5769246_n.thumb
    Michael Köpf
    Sep 01, 06:23am

In my humble opinion you should provide international hubs for German, French and Spanish.

• Francesco Golfieri
    Sep 11, 07:56am

I agree (unfortunately for me) with Michael: if you have to choose 3 languages, German French and Spanish are first.
    Maybe, Chinese could be a courageous, but also right, 4th choice.

I can help only on the italian side, however... When something about it starts, just mail me!

Thank you!

Meanwhile, I'll continue to read in english: there is always something nice being posted!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.