Forum / Book search

• Img_20220916_174315_923.thumb
    Jeffrey S. Callico
    Jul 05, 08:17pm

Some years ago I purchased a paperback fiction collection at an unknown brick and mortar entitled Black Ice: Number One -- Modern Fiction edited by Dale Shank. The book was published by Black Ice Press in 1984. The collection is very engaging and includes virtually unknown/little known writers. Recently I discovered volumes 2 and 3 (circa 1985 and 1987) on Amazon, and immediately purchased them (the seller clearly showed they were available). A few days later I received a notification from Amazon that my order had been cancelled. I inquired and was advised by the seller itself that the books had NOT been available as advertised and were sold previously, and I was issued a refund. I was also informed that the seller had volumes 5, 6, 7 and 9, and that there had been a total of 11 volumes, but all were sold as well. Fine, but I was of course confused as to the miscommunication on 2 and 3.

Later, via Bookfinder, I found volumes 2 and 3 by a different seller. After this purchase and notification that they were being shipped (I would receive them in just a few days), I got an email stating that my order had been lost in transit and that I would receive a refund. I inquired a little further this time and was told that someone had actually stolen the package off the USPS mail truck. I guess I was not meant to obtain these particular books.

I have searched everywhere online and cannot find these -- well, except for Amazon sites in other countries, but the lowest price each for 2 and 3, including S&H, is about $50+. I was tempted to purchase anyway, but I'm not that desperate.

It is of course very likely that the other volumes are out of print, but if anyone happens to locate these via another seller elsewhere, please let me know. I'd be most appreciative!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.