Forum / Submissions

• Adcaker_.thumb
    Arturo Ruiz
    Apr 22, 02:03am

Friends,

I'm trying to get this micro press off the ground, and I'd love to have some submissions of single poems or short prose to publish on the website.

If you're interested, let me know.

https://atomicmicropress.wordpress.com/

Meanwhile, I've produced a prototype of a hand-sewn chapbook that I'm really happy with. So hopefully chapbooks will be coming soon!

Loren

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Apr 22, 03:36am

I"I'm trying to get this micro press off the ground, and I'd love to have some submissions of single poems or short prose to published on the website.

If you're interested, let me know."

I'm interested.

Thanks!

Bill
    bill.yarrow@gmail.com

• Adcaker_.thumb
    Arturo Ruiz
    Apr 22, 03:44am

I guess I should have given my email. Silly me.

atomictheorysubmit@gmail.com

Send it my way, Bill. Yay!

• Nessly.thumb
    Ray Nessly
    Apr 22, 04:30pm

Sounds good, Arturo.
    By "short" prose, what word/page length are you thinking of for each piece in the 8-24 page chapbook? And would that be different on the website? Maybe they can run longer on the website?

• Adcaker_.thumb
    Arturo Ruiz
    Apr 22, 07:38pm

Ray, that's not an easy answer. The chapbook format I create is rather small -- pages are about 4.25 inches wide and 5.5 inches high. It can accommodate about 30 lines of text. But, of course, depending on the manuscript, the book size may change.

How would I define short prose? I'd say flash fiction length of 200-400 words? If part of a chap mss, I think it would be great if the piece hung together somehow, either through theme or connected narrative.

Single pieces published online could perhaps be longer.

Hope this helps!

• Photo.thumb
    Rachna K.
    Apr 29, 01:25am

Arturo, I'd like to contribute some flash pieces. Do you accept already published pieces or unpublished ones?

• Photo.thumb
    Rachna K.
    Apr 29, 01:40am

Let me look for some poems too, just in case, if I don't find micro/flash prose.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.