Forum / MARGOT K. DREAMS OF FLYING

• Angelcity1.thumb
    Chris Okum
    Jun 09, 03:13pm

Margot, hey, you gotta wake up. Margot, can you hear me? It's Steven. Please, you have to wake up. Margot? Hey, listen...hi, yeah, Margot, do you know you're sleeping on my chaise lounge? No, you're not in Fresno, Margot. No, I'm not Tom McGuane. Do you remember me? It's Steven, and you're sleeping on the chaise lounge in my backyard. Yes, this is my house. What are you doing here? Well, if you don't know what you're doing here then neither do I, but I need you to get up and come inside because you're scaring my son. Yes, that's my son. No, that's not Billy Barty. You, please, no, Margot, hey, you have to get up, you can't go back to sleep. I understand you were having a nice dream, but, no, I don't want to know what you were dreaming about, you have to get up, right now, Kate is fuming, we need to set up for a party. Yes, you love a good party, but I can't have you sleeping on my chaise lounge while they're trying to set up the tent. What? Yes, this is called a chaise lounge. That's what its called. Its not a chair, Margot. I may seem like a chair, but it's chaise lounge. No, I didn't come up with that, someone else did. I don't know. Probably someone French. No, probably not Jean Renoir. Yes, I've seen Grand Illusion. Well, that's not what my films aspire to be, Margot. I do like Renoir. Because those aren't the kind of films I make. That's nice, but could you dream of Renoir somewhere else? How about inside. I'll tell you what, you can go into one our guest rooms and sleep it off. How does that sound? Margot? Hello. Please don't go back to sleep. Please don't make me call the police. I don't want to call the police on you. I would really rather you just get up and come with me. I'm only trying to help. You weren't right for the part, that's why. Not because you were too ethnic looking, no. You're not ethnic looking, not at all. I didn't know that. And you're part, what? Cameroonian? I didn't know that either. Please open your eyes, hey, Margot, let's go, get up. You can't finish your dream out here. You can finish your dream in there. Another Dick Donner dream, huh? Sounds great. No, I'm not jealous of Dick Donner. Who told you that?"

• Samuel Derrick Rosen
    Jun 09, 03:22pm
  • You must log in to reply to this thread.