Forum / Grounded on Facebook for 24 hours

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Apr 26, 10:37pm

Please let me vent here momentarily. Two of my photos were vetted on Fb, both displaying women's breasts, my own and an antique cut from a magazine. I'll need to chat with friends here or elsewhere while I await the verdict from Fb. I feel the world is not aware enough of breasts, though we see especially pink ribbons connoting breasts that are missing and undergoing reconstruction. Forget pleasure. Forget forgiveness. Forget a Sunday drop in the price of a look at the fool source and food source of the young. Forget today, especially, a day after thousands in Nepal lost their wives' breasts and their mothers' breasts and their future children's breasts and their houses. It is correct that someone should challenge me, because as Frank Lloyd Davis and his wife have urged, I am not good, but this investigation is not of speech and usage, be aware; it is of views of titties, as sale breasts are called in Texas. ♥

Ann Bogle
    Apr 26, 10:42pm

Please feel free to share this thread for me on Fb. I am unable to post even words there for 24 hours.

Ann Bogle
    Apr 26, 10:58pm

People don't like seeing ads? That was weird! No ads on display on my Fb page during my grounded period of 24 hours, so far. Not a single ad anywhere. It seems read-only. Hang on! I typed in the main address, and ads appear there. Phew! There are the photos of shoes I would buy and a silver bracelet that matches perfectly the ring I did buy. I feel more centered now.

Ann Bogle
    Apr 26, 11:09pm

I can type to individuals on Fb while grounded for 24 hours. I typed to a doctor friend who lives in Minneapolis for her council. See how I go: doctor first, lawyer later?

Ann Bogle
    Apr 26, 11:09pm

Counsel?

Ann Bogle
    Apr 27, 02:41am

Feed back provided to Facebook regarding the first photo's removal (my neutrality about it) that led to the second photo's removal (my distress about it):

Neutral. I accepted the decision and wrote about it. Then an employee or member of my Facebook culture reported a further photo containing nudity. Facebook had asked me to identify photos in a particular panel of photos that contained nudity, and none did, as I indicated. Then a second photo was removed, and my 24-hour restriction began. One billion Facebook members is larger than almost any country, including China. That is a lot of sensibilities. I think it's foolish in the U.S. to let anonymous reporters use "nudity" as an excuse to censor on other grounds, not reported to the poster. For example, I wrote "persons of no color" or did I write "persons without color"? the same day as the second photo was discovered by Anonymous and removed by Facebook. An anonymous nudity seeker may have noted that. My thirty-two cents.

Ann Bogle
    Apr 27, 04:14am

There was quite a lot of commentary removed along with the photos. That is mostly lost. Medicare pays for sex change surgeries. Sex may be medical, but are men's breasts cosmetic? If so, why does Medicare not pay for women's breast enlargements or sclerotherapy? These women are also people seeking their highest fulfillment in terms of sexual identities. Are those men undergoing sex change operations on Disability? Is that why? Is it a medical limitation? All the psychiatrists ever suggested in the 1970s is that there may be trouble in accepting one's orientation, not that it would lead to heavy doping and fake illness concepts that finance Humanities via Big Pharma. Contrary to "young John's" (also called "new John's" and "adopted John's" and "hepatitis C John's" report, I was never gang raped. He screamed in the car that he was very sorry that I had been, and I demanded to know who had done it then. "No one" was the answer he needed to retrieve for all time. Yet to him it may have sounded like my guarded accusation of unnamed men in a crime. How fucking weird. I never saw him again. His parents had known my parents in a different century: 1950 to 1972.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Apr 27, 02:21pm

Whether we use Facebook or Facebook uses us is a nice question. Evidently when "grounded," you or at least your page can still be sold to advertisers. McCluhan pointed out long ago that contrary to the perception that Newspapers sell the news to readers, in fact it is the reader's eyes that are sold to advertisers.

Ann Bogle
    May 01, 10:32am

The last passage I typed above is "crazy." But what does "crazy" mean regarding that passage? Why do I jump from Medicare (disability) breast surgeries for men but not for women not due to illness ... from that to that particular A.A. member's outburst in the car (the last time I saw him)? Explain. What caused me to write it? There were other trails of Facebook controlling member content today that I noted. One of those trails seems to have cleared ... a member writing from Baltimore about politicians there. Another one was due to security risks when he created an event page for a poetry event in Jacksonville. I still feel like dying. This is the second year of that, and there was one in high school besides. Feeling like dying is a theme I live with. I feel it is a condition of living. I say that the first reason for it is 53 years without one married day. I can think of other reasons to long for it. Many reasons, in fact. It is comforting, for one thing, to long for death. It is in the Psalms if you care to look for it. I am really tired. I had relationships with men who asked me to get married. There were many responsibilities. And now I want to die. I do not want to see any law requiring people to marry. I just want to die instead. I have sci-fi fears, such as of offspring produced at sperm banks concocting genealogies at Ancestry. I guess I am just really religious. Churches? I want to attend Jewish church.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.