Nov 08, 02:03pm
  • Sandyebner.thumb
    Sandy Ebner
    Nov 08, 03:36pm

Great interview. Off to read me some Bud Smith :-) Thx Sheldon

• Photo%2015.thumb
    Gary Hardaway
    Nov 08, 05:15pm

Bud interviews almost as well as he writes. Which is to say very well.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Nov 08, 07:16pm

Here is the comment I left on the RJM site:

I like this kind of interview. I have read Bud's stories and poems on Fictionaut, and I have met him at a gallery in Bed-Stuy. And we seem to click, yet there are things I didn't know about his real life. This interview enlightens me about that, details about construction work, union in this case, always intrigue because those are the kinds of details my school friends left out of their laments about having working class and blue collar backgrounds in their families. Also, the best sculptor I knew in Houston, Mike Scranton, is a welder and had both a welding studio and a sculpting studio and lived simply with five dogs in a warehouse that contained a boxing ring. I knew another man, now a writer somehow miraculously on his own, who worked as a construction foreman in the oil industry in Texas. It helps account for why I like to read Bud's work as much as I do. I am especially intrigued by the report that his co-workers are great friends and interesting people. That is better than working in the unpaid pool. In the unpaid pool, only nice is nice enough, and good writing helps, too, of course. ~Ann

• White.thumb
    Henry Standing Bear
    Nov 08, 08:44pm

Hey thanks you fine folks! It was really fun interviewing Bud. All the interviews I've did at RJ have been fun. It's my favorite part of the having the zine, I think. Thanks again!

• You must log in to reply to this thread.