Forum / Call For Submissions

• Fawn.thumb
    Fawn Neun
    Jul 07, 12:32pm

Call for Submissions

Little Episodes is currently accepting submissions for it's second anthology Brainstorms as part of the Expression of Depression series. We are looking for examples of poetry, lyrics, short stories, excerpts of scripts, and artwork (Black and White ONLY) from both established and emerging talent who wish to support the work of Little Episodes.

Deadline for Submissions: July 31st, 2010.
    Please note we only accept submissions from members of the Little Episodes community - registration is free.

http://littleepisodes.submishmash.com/submit

• Fawn.thumb
    Fawn Neun
    Jul 25, 06:06pm

Just a note while the submissions are still open.

Please take a look around the website to see what we do before submitting. We've gotten a great deal of really lovely pieces via Fictionaut that simply don't fit the theme and we feel lousy for having to decline them.

The anthologies are published to provide empathy and support for those who suffer from depression, addiction or mental illness. We're looking for prose and poetry that explores that theme from various angles. Doesn't have to be angst-ridden, humor is fine as well, if it fits the them.

If you've submitted a piece or two that doesn't fit the theme and receive a decline--please accept our regrets. The header on the site listed is pretty clear and states:
    "Raising awareness and understanding through the arts for those suffering with depression and addiction".

If you'd like to submit other work that might be more appropriate, please do so. We may be able to extend the deadline a few days.

• Fawn.thumb
    Fawn Neun
    Jul 25, 06:08pm
  • 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Jul 30, 04:09am

Hi, Ms. Neun,

I submitted a poem to Little Episodes, "The Abyss of Contemplative Hatred."

I didn't realize one could also submit via Fictionaut. I'll place there, too.

Thank you for considering it.
    By the way, the summer issue of The Battered Suitcase was great. Enjoyed the stories. I was thrilled to see my in there as well.

-Matthew

• You must log in to reply to this thread.