Forum / Change is coming to CPR

• Wince_cover2.thumb
    Barry Basden
    Jul 18, 01:27pm

Camroc Press Review is booked to the end of 2014 and is now reading for its seventh and final year of publication. It's been a great ride, one I've enjoyed immensely.

There are 52 more Wednesdays to fill. When that's done, submissions will close and CPR will be on autopilot, sailing into its sunset.

Writing accepted for publication next year will earn $100, payable upon acceptance. Those writers will also be eligible for the Editor's Favorite Award, which will increase to $5,000 for 2015, shared equally if more than one is selected.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    Jul 18, 04:26pm

Barry, this is very good news for writers and for readers as well. My sincere hope would be that this is a trend.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Jul 18, 06:00pm

Well, except for the fact that next year is the last. But, a great run, Barry, and nice to see it go out on a high note.

• Frankenstein-painting_brenda-kato.thumb
    Sam Rasnake
    Jul 18, 06:36pm

Always enjoy reading CPR. Great venue, Barry. Will miss it, but I look forward to works in 2015.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jul 18, 07:01pm

Bravo!

Minimum wage in Minnesota is $5.15 per hour. Wouldn't we all like a shot at that kind of hourly for writing?

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Jul 18, 07:10pm

My political position: Tax-free income lower than $50K. Raising the minimum subsidizes taxation. Section 8 subsidizes landlords, and poverty is required. Burial fund is allowed. I pay market rate rent. I spend down savings 20% per year. I earn <1% on savings, average. I earn $1.33/hour 24 hours per day on SSDI. It covers medical costs, including Medicare-Humana premiums, dental insurance, dentist, office and prescription co-pays, etc.

• Image.thumb
    Charlotte Hamrick
    Jul 19, 12:20am

I'm sorry CPR will be retired after 2015 but I'm so happy my work was accepted before the end! And I don't care that I didn't get paid. :) (although I think it's great you're compensating writers in your final year - Bravo!)

• Wince_cover2.thumb
    Barry Basden
    Jul 22, 06:17pm

CPR looks for writing that provides emotional jolts, work that pierces and surprises, that balances rawness and craft. Of course, we never know what that might be until we see it.

• Tinabarry.thumb
    Tina Barry
    Jul 23, 04:01pm

I wish CPR wasn't closing, but so happy you accepted and published three of my poems this year. It was an honor.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.