Forum / Cherise Wolas on Narrative Magazine

• Pub%20bio%20pic.thumb
    Cherise Wolas
    May 05, 01:29am

http://www.narrativemagazine.com/issues/stories-week-2013–2014/aramaic-cherise-wolas

Hi to all Fictionauters,

I have The Story of the Week up at Narrative Magazine. It's called ARAMAIC and I hope you will all pull up the site and read it. If you're not already a subscriber to Narrative, it's FREE and EASY!

Any comments you want to write, most appreciated, but mostly I just hope you will all check in and check it out.

Cherise Wolas

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    May 05, 01:03pm

Congratulations, Cherise! Looking forward to reading and enjoying.

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    May 05, 02:00pm

Now, I've read it and it was a lovely, touching piece, so well-constructed and expressed.

• Blank_sp.thumb
    Carol Reid
    May 05, 02:31pm

Good story! Lovely closing paragraph. Congrats, Cherise.

• Best_guy_ever.thumb
    whatwouldbukowskido
    May 05, 05:03pm

Loved this story, Cherise.

• Author_photo.thumb
    James Lloyd Davis
    May 05, 06:45pm

Big fan of Cherise's fiction. I'll check it out.

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    May 06, 02:30am

Yay! Thanks for posting, Cherise. When did Narrative become free to subscribers? A new or newer development. That is terrific that your story is featured, and I look forward to reading it. Great, appetizing title.

Ann Bogle
    May 06, 08:26am

Wow, admiring to the end, that I misread as "chimp" instead of "champ" at simple glance. It seems adept work in language history both contemporized and aligned with literary history, Kafka and Homer. Very smooth work. --AMB

Ann Bogle
    May 06, 08:38am

And by the way, that is much finer praise than I can express toward recent stories in The New Yorker, each of them a mass of wires to mislead Americans by Americans. :-)

Ann Bogle
    May 06, 09:19am

Writers writing fakely in the NYer about a faux country to people who have never been there. T.C. Boyle's (story on temporary hold in my queue, not likely to seem faultable as writing) and Lipsyte's let's hope both are good. Erdrich has taken leave of us this time, a distinctly disjoint misanchoring in time on the first full page, narrated by a "Nordic" "man" -- I wish she had written authentically about a Norwegian man, oy vey, uff da.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.