Forum / Newbie Question about revisions and formatting

• Janice_sodering_art.thumb
    Janice D. Soderling
    Feb 04, 10:49am

Hello all, I have tried to solve this on my own, but now will publicly admit my ineptitude.

I have WIP story in a non-public group. If it is not against the protocol, I would like to put up a first revision and indicate in some way those parts that are changed.

Color doesn't show up, not even in the PDF. I tried formatting tages (you know, the usual (/B and its pals, that sort of thing) and that comes across as part of the text, also in the PDF. I tried delineating with asterisks, but those are interpreted as section breaks (Big Mess).

Is there any way to indicate revisions so that previous readers aren't required to waste time looking for changes?

Is there an instruction manual or guidelines dealing with this someone can refer me to?

How are revisions generally dealt with?

Best
    Janice D. Soderling

• Updated_bio.thumb
    James Claffey
    Feb 04, 02:06pm

the formatting is kaput.

the formatting is buggered. (REVISION).

beyond that, shoot an email to jurgen or carson?

• Dscf0571.thumb
    David Ackley
    Feb 04, 04:25pm

Janice,

How about just putting the revisions in brackets?

Not ideal, I know, but probably all the formatting you can get here.

david

• Dscn4564.thumb
    Carol Reid
    Feb 04, 04:58pm

Janice, I can still do bolding and strike-throughs in "edit" mode here.

Go to your story and click on the "edit" tab. You should see a toolbar of sorts above the story, with the icons on it. Select your text, click on the icon and voila, maybe.

• Janice_sodering_art.thumb
    Janice D. Soderling
    Feb 04, 05:50pm

Carol, you are brilliant. It was such faint text that I didn't even register it. I think it will work. Otherwise I'll be back.

Big thanks. /Janice

• You must log in to reply to this thread.