Forum / can fictionaut apply to this?

• 147.thumb
    kate hill cantrill
    Jun 26, 12:56am

Hey there! Glad to hear this weekend was a blast. So sorry I couldn't join you.

I wanted to stop in to say that my old boss, current friend, and the man who makes my Rabbit Tales Reading and Performance Series in Brooklyn actually have a home has just submitted to the Chase Small Business Grant, that would allow his artist/writer/musician built moving company grow to the next level where they can give pro bono moves for those in emotional/physical trouble, devote one truck (beautifully designed) to make-shift art openings in neighborhoods where there are few galleries, and hopefully start providing health benefits to his artist-workers.

So yes, I am asking that you vote for Rabbit Movers and maybe some other well-thinking small businesses that support artists/writers ((I would have been dead in the water if it wasn't for this company when I first moved to NYC)), but I also wanted to suggest that Fnaut might apply for this (super fast!) because we'd all vote for it! I don't know what the criteria is, but this seems like it would match as a small business and I'm sure there are larger ideas out there for it (anthologies, small press, etc.), so I was just wondering if Fictionaut is a part of this thing.If so, I'd vote. If not, I'd encourage applying (tomorrow!).

And yes, I realize this is a Chase thing and people have their grrs grrs about the the place, but I have known of small businesses getting this grant and it has moved mountains for them.

When I worked for Rabbit Movers I went on 3 month long residencies and my boss didn't even blink-- he said go go go, write write write. I'll figure things out here.

best to all! Please post pix here of the reading this weekend!

Kate
    https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/#.T-jz2rAErIU.facebook
    (where to vote if you care to-- or to just check out other small companies.)

• You must log in to reply to this thread.