Forum / Jim Valvis' book

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Apr 20, 05:30pm

"How to Say Goodbye"

is an engaging, amusing, deeply-moving (both emotionally and poetically) collection, and I recommend it highly.

(If you order it directly from him, he will sign it, and also draw a little cartoon character/person/creature-thing on the front page, something I feel should be required of every author...)

• With_ted_3.thumb
    Bill Yarrow
    Apr 20, 05:46pm

I concur. Jim's book is great. Get one today!

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Apr 20, 09:17pm

Jim is fantastic and original, you can't go wrong.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Apr 21, 07:21pm

Thanks, Matt, Bill, and Darryl. The book is almost 200 pages, so it's not a thin volume. If anyone wants a copy they can go to Amazon (where they can read some reviews). If they want a signed copy, just send me a message.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Say-Goodbye-James-Valvis/dp/0978798333/ref=pd_ybh_7

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Apr 21, 09:47pm

By the way, it's $15, postage paid through me.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Apr 21, 09:56pm

Here's a review from Len Kuntz:

…I got Jim Valvis’s poetry collection, “How to Say Goodbye,” in the mail yesterday. I’m glad I did.

It’s a hardy book, consisting of 190 plus pages, which is quite generous for
    poetry books.

Jim’s work is unpretentious, sage, visceral and often poignant, with an urgent narrative arc that makes the reader rush to each piece’s conclusion before then heading back to the beginning for a second helping.

If you enjoy poetry that not only makes sense but leaves a burn mark on both your heart and head, then you’ll love this one.

Jim’s on Facebook and, I’m sure, would be happy to give you buying
    information.

-- Len Kuntz

• 0804d24.thumb
    Matthew A. Hamilton
    Apr 23, 02:02pm

Congratulations.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    Apr 24, 09:55pm

Thanks, Matthew.

• Mrsoftee1.thumb
    Jim V
    May 03, 01:21pm

I wanted to tell people that if they want a copy I still have some I would be happy to sign and send them a copy. If interested, send me a message. Thanks.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.