Forum / fonts on fnaut FORMATTING

• 0001_pabst_blue_ribbon_time.thumb
    Dolemite
    Apr 03, 12:08am

Why can I post titles in Swafrickin'hili AND the greco-cyrilic-latinate alphabets of Greater AND Lesser Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan

but I can't post work in common fonts such as Arial, Courier, etc?

Dolemite
    Apr 03, 12:41am

You can comments in Outer Slabovian but can't use Arial for the work itself?

• Yankee.thumb
    Carson Baker
    Apr 03, 12:47am

Unicode ("greco-cyrilic-latinate alphabets") is supported on the site, but alternative fonts are not.

The technical reason is that the rich text editor that Fictionaut uses for story publishing doesn't have that capability.

Could we build something to enable that? Probably yes, but I'm not sure it's worth doing. This is one of the many areas where we've chosen to be opinionated about the way the site works. Not having this customization is simpler, more consistent, and requires less coding and maintenance.

However, we are working on a story editor that does have more authoring capabilities, and this will be deployed soon.

Anyway, we're not hardliners about font choice (although we do think Georgia is the best option available), but building this feature isn't a priority at the moment.

Dolemite
    Apr 03, 01:03am

It's not a big deal at all, but just a few months ago I was able to post work in Arial, and, which was a total surprise, a font called OldNewspaperTypes, a type from scanned pages of the old English penny-dreadful pamphlets, etc.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.