Forum / Phishing Scam

• Richter.thumb
    M.H.
    Feb 24, 09:12pm

Hi All,
    As you may know, my email was hacked. I'm sorry if you received a phishing spam using my address.

Here is my new address:
    marcelleheath@ymail.com

Thanks so much!
    Marcelle

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Feb 25, 08:39pm

Yeah I thought it was kind of funny that if you were attacked in a foreign country the first person you could think of to ask for help from was the likes of me!In my dreams maybe! But you and I know way too much about each other's troubles--at least you mine-- to ever have fallen for such an obvious ruse. Still it made me mad--trading upon people's friendships like that, using the people you know to try and extort money under false pretenses.What a mad world!Glad you're okay.

• Mosaic_man_marcus.thumb
    Marcus Speh
    Feb 25, 08:43pm

I wrote to your old yahoo address—what I noticed was that the phishing scam came from "marcellleheath@yahoo", ie there was an excess letter. It is possible that your email is fine but the phishing simply used information readily available from other sources (your Fictionaut contacts e.g.—easy to pick those addresses out automatically and send them an email from the WRONG address but under your name).

• 62698557287.thumb
    Matthew Robinson
    Feb 26, 03:29am

I used to think Phishing scams were tricks to get you to listen to that terrible band. If only, if only.

• Richter.thumb
    M.H.
    Feb 26, 06:49pm

It should be fine now - thx all for checking in. Matthew - I'm right there with you! But, that actually may be worse than this....

• You must log in to reply to this thread.