Forum / Support Independent Publishing!

• Sean%20writing.thumb
    sean m. poole
    Dec 22, 06:15pm

Hello Fellow Fictionauts,

Welcome! Yes. You are reading a blatant bit of self promotion. I am as far underground and outside of the margins as a writer can be. I don't have a real job. I don't have an agent. I don't have a publisher or any sort of corporate support. I do have a garage full of books for sale. This is your chance to help support independent publishing!

I'm taking advantage of this blog to offer you all the opportunity to expand your libraries with signed copies of my award winning, limited edition book “GATTORNO: A Cuban Painter For The World” for only $50.00. I will pay the shipping!

I invite you to visit my website www.artbyantoniogattorno.com

I collected rejection letters from the best fine art publishing houses worldwide for years until I decided to squander my inheritance and independently publish in July 2004.

The London Book Festival called my book "... A gorgeous coffee table book that combines English and Spanish in one edition, “Gattorno: A Cuban Painter For The World” would be a welcome addition to any art-lover’s collection, particularly those with a taste beyond the established art canon."

In 2008 I was awarded first place in the Fine Art genre at the London Book Festival and at the New England Book Festival as well.

In 2009 I received the Eric Hoffer Award for Excellence in Independent Publishing.

This is the first book about Antonio Gattorno (1904-1980), one of the founders of Cuban Modern Art, since Ernest Hemingway wrote and published the very rare artist's monograph titled simply “GATTORNO” in 1935. Like Hemingway's, my book on this seminal Cuban painter is bi-lingual in English and Spanish.

Along with his own commentary Hemingway included text from John Dos Passos and Alejo Carpentier as well as two other prominent Cuban writers.

My biography on Gattorno is prefaced by Bernard Ewell the internationally recognized expert on the work of Salvador Dali. It also contains a foreword by Miami Herald art critic Armando Alvarez-Bravo and an introduction by FIU Professor Juan Martinez, author of "Cuban Art And National Identity".

As an added treat I included the complete texts by all the writers from the Hemingway book!

Greenleaf Distributors picked up my book upon release for about a year and a half, then dropped us because sales were not as brisk as they prefer. During this time I warehoused the books myself at home. Greenleaf notified me of sales by email. I picked, packed and shipped all orders myself.

When Greenleaf dropped the book they billed me for a year of warehouse charges. I did not pay them, of course, and I haven’t sought another distributor. I continue to independently market and promote the book.

So. I welcome your input. Make some comments. Visit my website www.artbyantoniogattorno.com to see Gattorno's artwork. Read some excerpts from the book. Then order a copy for yourself and perhaps a few for the art and literature lovers in your life!

Thanks for your support!

SMP

• You must log in to reply to this thread.