Forum / Lost in Thought Magazine - looking for assistance

• Logo.thumb
    Lost In Thought
    Oct 24, 03:51pm

First off, if this type of post is not allowed in this forum I apologize, I wasn't sure on the rules in regards to this kind of thing.

I am looking for someone to help me with Lost in Thought magazine. I started it on my own last year, and had a lot of fun with it. The problem is that I do this project in my spare time, which I have less and less of these days.

What I am looking for specifically is someone to help me with reading through all the stories that are submitted to the magazine, and help scout new writers to contribute. It would help me tremendously to have a partner to bounce ideas off of and talk about stories.

This would help me spend more of my time on the design of the magazine, and really make everything great.

Since I don't make any money on this magazine myself, it wouldn't be a paid position. You would definitely get credit in the magazine and on the website though, at the very least!

Feel free to email me at lostinthoughtmag [at] gmail.com if you'd like to discuss details. Thanks!

• Logo.thumb
    Lost In Thought
    Oct 24, 07:16pm

It's been suggested that I tell people a bit more about myself, and I agree, that would probably help!

My name is Kyle, I'm 27 and I live in Toronto. I'm a graphic designer, I created this magazine partly as a way to help my design skills.

I also really love short fiction, so I thought I could partner with writers to help them get their work out there. It's also fun working with photographers & illustrators, to try to come up with visuals to pair with the stories.

I actually did a tiny interview about the magazine, you can read it here if you'd like: http://www.openbooktoronto.com/news/inaugrual_issue_lost_thought_launched

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Oct 24, 09:03pm

Kyle, I love LIT. The design is gorgeous and the quality is excellent. I don't know if I qualify but I'm going to email you with some specifics.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.