Forum / A Stunning Response to a Group Invite

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 25, 10:03am

Yesterday I sent around an invite to my contact list to join a group I especially like. After all, the groups have been set up in precisely this manner. It says: invite your friends to join. And so I did. Well the response was terrific. But, what wasn't terrific was one person's message to the group administrator, a email that called the press' book covers "atrocious" and "super ugly." This person then went on to offer his own book designing services free of charge! My my! I believe there are better ways to get your foot in the door of a press! Insults are not quite the way. It seems to me that that person could have offered his services free of charge without the offensive language. Frankly it was appalling to me, and since I sent around the invites I feel kind of terrible. But I do want to thank all the other gracious Fictionauts who joined this group simply at my request. I applaud your generous spirits!

• Photo_on_2012-05-10_at_10.25.thumb
    Susan Gibb
    Jan 25, 10:34pm

Wow, that's pretty crummy. But then, it takes all kinds and I suppose among these good people we'll always find some without the touch of class of the majority. Don't let it bother you, Susan. You were indeed gracious to offer the invite and I thank you.

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Jan 26, 09:44am

Susan, so kind of you to write regarding this issue, your candor is appreciated.

• Darryl_falling_water.thumb
    Darryl Price
    Jan 27, 01:43pm

Susan,

I'm sorry this happened to you. That person took advantage of you and of the situation, and you were only trying to be nice! Well, I want you to know that your intentions were appreciated. Please don't let this make you cynical. There are plenty of good hearts here on this site. You're one of them. Thanks again. Your poet pal, DP

• You must log in to reply to this thread.