Forum / Literary Legend Hugh Fox dies at 79

• S._tepper--nov--lighter.thumb
    Susan Tepper
    Sep 05, 06:18pm

Hugh Fox was the writer's friend. For real. He had a Huge Heart. Hugh also was a founding editor of the Pushcart Prize, and authored many books in every genre. He wrote reviews that helped so many small press writers. Too many good things to mention here.
    Sadly, Hugh is gone.

http://dougholder.blogspot.com/

• Image.bedroom.009.expose.thumb
    Ann Bogle
    Sep 06, 11:03am

Thanks for letting us know, Susan. MadHat Press will publish his final book.

• Img_0741.thumb
    See ya
    Sep 06, 02:22pm

Such very sad news. I had the great honor of publishing his work at A-Minor earlier this year. A voice and supporter that will be greatly missed.

Susan Tepper
    Sep 06, 03:53pm

Ann, that's wonderful Mad Hatter Press will publish Hugh's book posthumously. Please be sure and post here when it's available for purchase. I wouldn't miss it for the world.
    I felt very sad yesterday, and still.

Susan Tepper
    Sep 06, 03:57pm

Shel, I didn't see Hugh's work in A-Minor. Is it possible for you to include a link to this forum posting?

He was a spirit angel to me on my first book and I will never forget that.

I had sent him my current book (with Gary) just as a gift. And as sick as he was by then, he talked of finding a review spot for it! Of course I said NO! But that is the kind of man Hugh Fox was (is). I know he's still out there somewhere.

• Img_0741.thumb
    See ya
    Sep 06, 06:42pm

Hey Susan. I can link to it this evening once I'm home from work. Can't access wordpress blogs from here.

• Img_0741.thumb
    See ya
    Sep 06, 09:30pm

Here's the link to Hugh's story at A-Minor. Enjoy! R.I.P., Mr. Fox.

http://aminormagazine.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/finales/

Susan Tepper
    Sep 06, 11:37pm

Sheldon, I appreciate this so much!!! Just read it and it's wonderfully quintessentially Hugh Fox, so much bigger than life but all of life bursting through him, this is very autobiographical, of his final months. I can see why you published it.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.