Forum / Adroit Journal Seeking New Editor

• Img_0654-2.thumb
    MaryAnne Kolton
    Aug 22, 05:59pm

Thought this might be of interest to someone out there. . . .

August 15, 2011
    The journal is seeking a new editor. I believe that it is time to hand the journal off to someone that has the abiliy and opportunities to allow the journal to grow more than I do. While I have made a few offers to people, if you believe you might be this very special person please apply via the submishmash page (click on 'submissions' below), or send an email to theadroitjournal@gmail.com. No specific requirements, except that you must be fully committed and able to effectively run the journal.

The idea of a literary journal specifically designed for charity came to Peter LaBerge at the age of fifteen in November 2010. His work had been rejected by numerous literary publications because he had English professors and world-renowned writers as competition. He decided to work with his 'competitors', many of which have become acquaintances, to make a difference. The Adroit Journal, bright with enthusiasm, was born.

He decided very simply that The Adroit Journal would not be a typical journal, that every cent of proceeds from the journal would go directly to Free the Children (www.freethechildren.com), a charity that works to improve the education and, in turn, lives of underprivilleged children throughout the world.

• You must log in to reply to this thread.