PDF

Cheese


by Tim G. Young


When exactly does cheese go bad? it simply does not, I say. Even if a spot of mold is found growing on the under side, it can be very simply scraped off. Or if it is not wrapped up correctly to keep the air from doing its damage, the part that now demonstrates its dryness can also be removed, and hey where is the book that says a dry piece of cheese will do one harm? I have never seen it. 

I guess there is a case for refrigeration. Cooler temps do tend to keep the mold at bay and add days or weeks to the cheesy shelf life but if per chance you are talking about brie or one of the soft cheeses, than the cooler idea could easily be cast aside in favor of more flavor.

Moving away from whether a piece of cheese is still fit to eat or not, is the very important factor of adding a bottle of wine. Wine and cheese. Now that's a match made in the moon of a starry night. Couples at cafes, romantic interludes on the Riviera, staring for hours at the Eiffel Tower, moving to France, buying a dairy farm and a vineyard out in the country to labor over furiously creating the cheese and wine of ever so lofty dreams.This is how I would demonstrate the unending love of fromage that has tied me in chains of late.

Chains of love. Ah, there's the ticket. the Beatles covered that chestnut way back on one of the early albums. And knowing the fab four like I do it is easy to extrapolate that the chains they speak of not only encompass the strange power of such heartfelt emotion but many, many ideas and items that the heart grows fond of, namely cheese and now that I have added to the menu, the sweet or dry powerful taste of the wine. Cheese everyone!


Endcap